Sunday, February 22, 2009

A-Rod's story
The truth, it is said, will set you free. Partial truth, though, is about as good as no truth at all.

It's like when I told my parents I failed a math test, but neglected to tell them I actually failed three math tests and thus, was failing the class.

Of course, I was 17 then. And later, 22. See, that's the whole truth. At least it is if you accept the word math, multiply it three times and replace the word "math" with "science" and "computers."

OK, so I do have a bit of sympathy for Alex Rodriguez, or perhaps empathy, in a sort of "let he who is without sin" kind of way.

My advice to Rodriguez at this moment? Come completely clean, or shut up. Anything less will get you in more trouble than you're in right now.

The preferable option is the whole truth, if only because it's the right thing to do, and because the New York media will find whatever he's covering up.

There really is no choice.

My penalty for not telling the whole truth was getting yelled at by my parents, which sounds light (although anyone ever yelled at by disappointed parents knows otherwise). A-Rod may have more at stake, but that's only more reason to come clean.

Because it's clear that what he has said over the past weeks is far from that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home