Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Griffey will make $4.5 million at most in Seattle
I keep looking at the Indians outfield. Grady Sizemore, Shin Soo Choo, Ben Francisco and David Dellucci make up the parts.

Then there's Travis Hafner. But what if he's bad again? Is there a plan?

I guess that's the nature of a mid-market team. But even so, I'm surprised the Indians didn't at least consider Ken Griffey. He was injured last year and still hit 18 homers. There's only one outfielder on the Indians who I think will hit that many this year.

Going to the Mariners is not a baseball move for Griffey or the team. It's hard to imagine Seattle contending this season, and it's hard to see what value Griffey has to the Mariners, except for nostalgia purposes.

Which is not to say I'm negative on Junior playing where he wants to play. As an Ohioan, I was always annoyed when people questioned why the superstar wanted to play in Cincinnati.

Thing is, if Griffey hits 25 homers by July, Seattle may be forced to trade him for the pennant drive. Interesting ending.

But that's a ways off.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home