Monday, January 12, 2009

My Top 10 Albums (As of this moment)
1. The Beatles -- Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Favorite Song: A Day in the Life
Favorite Line: "I read the news today ... oh, boy"

2. Bob Dylan -- Blood on the Tracks
Favorite Song: Tangled Up in Blue
Favorite Line: "There was music in the cafes at night and revolution in the air."

3. Imagine -- John Lennon
Favorite Song: Oh My Love
Favorite Line: "Oh my love, for the first time in my life, my eyes are wide open"

4. Moondance -- Van Morrison
Favorite Song: Caravan
Favorite Line: "Turn up the radio, let me hear the song."

5. The Band -- The Band
Favorite Song: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Favorite line: "Back with my wife in Tennessee, when one day she called to me, 'Virgil, quick come see, there goes Robert E. Lee.' Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if the money's no good. You take what you need and you leave the rest, but they should never have taken the very best."

6. Randy Newman -- Sail Away
Favorite Song: Sail Away
Favorite line: "Sail away, sail away, we will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay"

7. Abbey Road -- The Beatles
Favorite Song: Something
Favorite Line: "You're asking me will my love grow. I don't know. I don't know."

8. David Bowie -- Hunky Dory
Favorite Song: Oh! You Pretty Things
Favorite Line: "Oh you pretty things. Don't you know you're drivin' your mamas and papas insane."

9. John Denver -- Rocky Mountain High
Favorite Song: Prisoners
Favorite Line: "Sometimes it's the TV. She'll try to write a letter, oh, they don't come too often anymore."

10.Flying Burrito Brothers -- The Gilded Palace of Sin
Favorite Song: The Dark End of the Street
Favorite Line: "I know that time's gonna take its toll. We'll have to pay for the love that we stole."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home