Saturday, July 17, 2010

My 10 favorite Lou Brown lines
As a tribute to actor James Gammon, who died Saturday at 70. He is best known to everyone I know as Lou Brown in Major League.

I always assumed the Lou Brown character was based on Dick Williams, the Hall of Fame manager of many, many teams. Either way, Gammon breathed incredible realism into a character that was about sixth in the film's importance. These lines are from the edited for TV version. I recognize the unedited version is funnier and cooler, but I try not to swear on this blog.

1. "I don't know ... let me think it over, will ya Charlie? I got a guy on the other line about some whitewalls. I'll talk to you later."

2. "Forget about the curveball Ricky... give him a heater."

3. "Nice velocity."

4. "No, let's see how he reacts... interesting."

5. "Startin' to come together Pepper; startin' to come together."

6. "This guy hits a ton, how come nobody else picked up on him? Oh.

7. "Nice catch Hayes. Don't ever do it again."

8. "I know he hasn't done very well against this guy but I got a hunch he's due."

9. "My kind of team Charlie; it's my kind of team."

10. "Well you may run like Mays, but you hit like his sister."

Rest in peace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home