Monday, March 29, 2010

10 Things I think
1. Chuck is still a good show, but it's missing something. The first two seasons had a real spark and energy to them, and this season (probably the final one) is coming off a little ... flat. I still will watch and hope it gets renewed for a fourth season, but I'm not too hopeful of that.

2. The Indians' signing of Russell Branyan? Genius.

3. After last season, I'm not going to predict the Cavs will win the NBA title. I really thought last season was the year to do it. The Cavaliers probably are better than a year ago. But I keep thinking the window is shutting for good after this season, and something will stop a title. Cleveland curse? I try not to believe. But after last season ...

4. I don't see Evan Turner sticking around for another season in Columbus, nor should he. One injury and his career and payday could be over. But he's a top 3 pick right now. He'll go. Anyone in the same position would, except maybe Tim Duncan.

5. My best friend asked me who I thought was smarter -- Harry Reid or Sarah Palin. I gave him an answer and he told me I was crazy. I reminded him there were only two choices and I picked one. And I'm not sure I was right.

6. V returns tonight, and not a moment too soon. It was the best show on TV in November. Assuming it picks up where it left off, it will be an exciting couple of weeks.

7. Didn't watch Wrestlemania this year. It's only the second one I haven't ordered or seen at a bar in 12 years. I think wrestling is a funny business, interesting in many ways, and certainly tragic. But without Rock, Ric Flair, Brock Lesnar, Eddy Guerrero, Kurt Angle and others I enjoyed watching, it just isn't worth it anymore. And $60? I'd like to know if Linda McMahon will be buying commercial time with that money.

8. I don't care who the Browns draft, as long as they don't take a quarterback in the first round.

9. Syfy is showing episodes of the original V series in the 1980s. Was camp required then or something?

10. I have to feel for the Xavier basketball teams right now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Holy cow, the highlights of the Xavier women's game were hard to watch. Feel for those girls.

The Indians catch a lot of flack, but the Branyan thing is a disaster, and really unnecessary.

 
At 6:16 AM , Anonymous Erik said...

Not about to say a Cavs title is a slam dunk either. They're going to have to get healthy and stay healthy throughout the later rounds of the playoffs, play tough defense and take care of the ball, because the Cavs simply don't shoot as well as most of the other contenders.

They're likely going to have to go through Orlando and the Lakers, two teams that have simply had more playoff success than the Cavs in recent years. Not to mention that Stan Van Gundy and Phil Jackson are much better in-game coaches than Mike Brown.

Winning a title is hard work. It requires intestinal fortitude, technical superiority and more than a little bit of luck.

Having said all of that, I don't think whether the Cavs win the title this year is going to have as much of a bearing on whether LeBron re-signs here as people want to believe.

He's not going to leave the Cavs out of frustration. If he leaves, it's going to be because he really feels like basing himself in New York is the right business move, and -- this is the key -- the Knicks were able to lure Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade in a package.

I still think the Cavs get LBJ to re-sign, because they can offer the most money and highest raises, they present the best short-term situation, and it behooves LeBron to grab the most guaranteed money before the CBA expires after next season. The next CBA might be less player-friendly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home