Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Desert Fox
The film was on one of the movie channels, and I was able to record it. It was the first time I had seen James Mason since Lolita.

I would imagine the take on Rommel was perhaps too sympathetic. However, Mason's acting in the film was fantastic, as was much of the acting in the film.

His wife was played by Jessica Tandy, and I must confess it's the first film I have seen Tandy where she wasn't an old woman.

Not sure about the historical accuracy, though I am still amazed that Hollywood would make a sympathetic film about a Nazi general six years after the conclusion of the war.

The Desert Fox is certainly worth seeing, at least for Mason's effort.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger Vince said...

ROMMEL, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!! I READ YOUR BOOK!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home