Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cavs swept
I just got done watching the first season of Denis Leary's Rescue Me on DVD. After being unable to turn it off an blowing through 13 episodes in three days, it's probably not a great idea for me to write too much about the Cavaliers tonight.
My concern is going off like Leary, ranting and raving about how my team let me down.
But I don't want to be mad at a team that gave me such a thrill over the last month. The ending was an epilogue which, hopefully, will be forgotten. The end of the movie is last Friday's game against Detroit.
As for the finals, the better team destroyed. Hats off to San Antonio. Though I was nauseated watching Eva Longoria hold up a Spurs banner, then look around late in the game to see if it was OK to come on the court, the team itself is a classy group.
Maybe there's something to be written about the Cleveland Curse, but I don't want to rehash that. In my opinion, the OIC curse is dead. Cleveland has LeBron James, a first-place Indians team and a Browns' squad with an offensive line that's competent.
It's time to feel good about Cleveland sports.
The sweep hurts. But four years ago, the thought of the Cavs (or the Indians, for that matter) in the playoffs was laughable. And let San Antonio enjoy their NBA title. At least Cleveland has sports all year long.
Sorry San Antonio, couldn't resist a sore-loser shot.
I feel bad about the Cavs losing, but good about where the city's sports are going.
Raise your glass to LeBron and the Cavaliers. Great season. Great last month.
Raise your glass to Cleveland. Great year.
To better ones to come.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. I dream of a Cleveland world where May/June basketball, October baseball and January football are commonplace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home