Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Assessing things after three games
My contention from the beginning of this series was that just to get to the finals was not enough.
The opportunity was there; it was a matter of the Cavaliers grabbing it, and in the process, ending the cities 43-year title drought.
A few days later, the Cavaliers are staring at elimination.
I want to be mad at Cleveland, but I can't. The Cavaliers came ready; prepared to take a championship.
LeBron has left everything on the floor. So has Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, Drew Gooden and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. So is everyone else who has played.
But the Cavs are down 3-0. That's just the way it goes sometimes. I'm long past blaming this on Cleveland luck. San Antonio is a fantastic team who deserves praise.
I really think (in a rare moment of optimism) the Cavaliers will win tomorrow. LeBron will give Cleveland its first finals game win. After that, I doubt the Cavaliers will do much.
But as hard as Cleveland has played in this series, they have to get at least one break.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cavs were many things heading into this series. Ready wasn't one of them.

They had no idea what they were up against in San Antonio. But this is how you learn.

I'm not saying the Cavs stood even a ghost of a chance of upsetting the Spurs even if they knew what was coming. Even the Pistons would have gotten rolled by these guys. This is probably the best Finals team since Shaq and Kobe swept the Nets in 2002, maybe even since Jordan's last Finals appearance in 1998.

But aside from the obvious talent difference, it has been the mental blunders that have cost the Cavs, blunders the Spurs have jumped all over.

I'd like to say I agree that the Cavs have left it all on the floor in this series, but I don't think San Antonio has even given them that chance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home