Monday, September 18, 2006

And the winner for the stupidest comment of the year by an NFL player goes to ...
Roy Williams. He gave Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom this gem:

"Shouldn't poses like that wait until things are looking better?" I asked Williams after the game.
"I celebrate first downs all the time. I'm not gonna stop that. I'm an exciting player. If I do something exciting, I'm gonna show my actions."
"But you were losing, 10-0."
"What does that mean? ... That means nothing to me. The score means nothing."


I'd like to see somebody try and top that. I'm sure Mr. Owens is working on something right now.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a big reason why the Lions and Browns are the way they are: they keep drafting idiots.

I know Kellen Winslow is supposed to be a changed man after all his problems, but I'm still waiting for him to do something stupid out on the field when his emotions are running hot. I'm waiting for him to throw a punch or shove a ref or kick a player when he's down.

It's a fact of life when you are a member of the Browns and Lions. For my money, they are the two worst organizations in football.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home