Thursday, September 14, 2006

Whitlock responds
From Jason Whitlock's column on ESPN.com:
I was wrong about Texas whipping the Buckeyes by two touchdowns. I put my foot in my mouth on "PTI" when I stated I was 99.9 percent sure the Longhorns would beat Ohio State. So I dropped West Virginia to No. 2 in my AP football poll vote and elevated Ohio State to No. 1 based on the Buckeyes' impressive victory.

Jason's not my favorite columnist in the world (he plays the race card way too much), but I'll give him credit for standing up and admitting his pick was wrong. In retrospect, perhaps I should not have come down on him about not writing about his error sooner, since his column is a weekly one.
So while I just shake my head at the suggestion Jack Del Rio keeps three black quarterbacks on the Jaguars roster to keep racist pressure off Byron Leftwich, I can at least compliment Whitlock for stepping up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home