Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Senator Clinton
Honestly, I don't care about the senator's "Plantation" remarks. I'm not sure that's the best way to make a point, especially on Martin Luther King Day.
What bothered me most about the "plantation" speak was the defense of it. As if because Newt Gingrich used those images 10 years ago, it's OK for the senator to use them now.
I mean, we know how well-respected Gingrich is in Democratic circles, so really, his words inspire Democrats.
What bothered me most is when Clinton said that "I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country."
I want to be careful here, because I don't mean to imply that Clinton does not have the right to speak her mind, or that it's not permissable to challenge the president in times of war. It's not only her right, but her responsibility.
But the fact is, the country is facing war. Two of them, in fact. America is also facing looming problems in Iran. President Bush will be in power for three more years.
In other words, it's unlikely he's going anywhere. And frankly, I'm tired of Clinton's endless positioning.
I don't expect politicians on both sides of the aisle to like each other. But for god's sake senator, who is your enemy? Is it Bush, or is it the Islamo-fascists? Is it poverty, or is it Republican leadership?
Whether we like it or not, Hillary Clinton is a major player in American politics. It is possible she will succeed President Bush.
But that's three years from now. And Clinton calls our leader's administration one of the worst ever to govern. Is she even concerned about what message this sends to those fighting against America, or is she just worrying about her poll numbers?
In truth, I have few complaints about the senator's record. But statements like that only stiffen my resolve against her potential candidacy.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM , Blogger Suss said...

Yet she kept relatively silent on the war (i.e., supported it) during the time she could have as easily turned on the war when it was convenient.

Because she knows she needs to disassociate herself from the rest of the Democrats to sway Republican voters in Aught Eight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home