Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hearings
I really only saw a few clips of it on various news shows. But the argument between Sen. Kennedy and Sen. Spector over mail seemed like an improv comedy scene or at least the plot for a Seinfeld episode.
The one part I did see live was this afternoon. There was a quote from Sen. Feinstein that ... well, confused me.
"You've retired the trophy on equanimity."
The trophy of what? Sadly, she never explained the remark.
Samuel Alito has impressed me with his coolness. This has got to be one of the most exhausting periods of his life, where one misstep, one mistake can destroy his candidacy. But why do I get the feeling the Senate is playing political chess instead of honestly wanting to know things?
And does that bother anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home