Tuesday, December 14, 2004

My Appearance and its reasons
My editor made a remark that struck me as humorous today. He remarked that when I was hired, I was clean cut and clean shaven. Now, eleven months later I am bearded with longer hair. He wondered if the job had done it to me.
(Note to my mom: He always kids me about everything. There was no underlying message about the importance of neatness).
My answer was that it wasn't the job, it was a girl.
Last year, I had developed a crush on a girl. Now, I know I look best with my hair short and when my face is clean. So for the final six weeks I had a class with this person, I kept my hair short and my face smooth.
All because I thought it made me better looking. Then, with the girl out of my life, I stopped caring.
Besides, it gives me a John Lennon/Van Morrison feeling of artistic cool.
Which is not to say that if someone came into my life, I wouldn't again modify.
Having said that, starting a new job and all (hat tip and thanks to Aaron Rund for the kind words), I may be looking more like Bing Crosby than a member of Metallica soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home