Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Hillary
I was checking out the idiot nephew's post on the possiblity of a Hillary Clinton presidency. My friend believes that Hillary won't be elected, but I am not sure. Here's why:
1. The Clinton Machine: Bill Clinton supporters have money and influence and they will transition that to Hillary. I imagine Hillary will have the money and support of the DNC. Terry McAuliffe has ties to the Clintons, and I imagine he will support them.
2. Triangulation: Don't underestimate Hillary's ability to moderate. She has played it smart over the last year, staying away from John Kerry and voting rather hawkish. She can use those votes, as well as her ties to Arkansas to sway some southern conservative voters.
3. She's a Clinton: What does that mean? They are survivors. I have read two books on the former president, and his eight years in office were essentially a tight rope walk. The Clintons know how to play the game, and they know how to win it. They also know how to survive.
I see Hillary winning the nomination, but thankfully, we don't have to worry about it for a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home