Saturday, April 03, 2004

Subway
I may be turning into Jared. I eat so much Subway because I want to stay in shape (we all know how imperitive that is for a sportswriter) and stay healthy.
I had the chance to listen to Scott Stewart, (?) the new Reds announcer. He has a good delivery, but I didn't get a chance to listen to his play by play work.
It has to be said.
Matt Underwood needs a lot of work as an announcer. He talks more like a company shill than a baseball insider. He seems to fit everything the Indians represent to me these days: All talk: no results.
Basically, here is the Indians lineup as I see it, described in two words each:
1B Ben Broussard: Hal Morris
1B Travis Hafner: No consistancy
2B Ronnie Belliard: No talent
SS Omar Vizquel: Too old
3b: Casey Blake: bad player
RF: Jody Geruit: See, Listache
CF: Alex Escobar: No Pablo
CF: Coco Crisp: bad cereal
LF:Matt Lawton: not tradable
c: Victor Martinez: Not proven
My Prediction: They lose 90 games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home