Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Beg, Borrow and Steal
-Milton Bradley had some very positive things to say about the Indians organization here. I couldn't agree more with the phrase "sinking ship." Amen brother.

-I have to give props to Oliver Stone for his documentary, Finding Fidel. While one can be easily critical of some of his work (JFK is a prime example, with facts re-arranged to fit his view of what happened) he pulls no punches with America's Favorite Murderous Dictator in an interview, to the point of making Fidel angry, . I have always been amused by some's tolerance for Castro. What was Jimmy Carter doing there, shaking hands with this murderous, oppressing man? I think I will write a full review of the film once I have completed it.
By the way, my criticism is non-partisan here. I am equally troubled to see any politician all smiles with any leader with such a poor human rights record. I remember cringing seeing George W. Bush all smiles at his ranch with the Chinese leader. I understand we can't fight everyone, but it's the appearance that irritates me the most, and so many, on both sides, are guilty of this.
But the film is really good so far. I know if I was in the same room with a man as dangerous as Castro, I may not be so candid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home