Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Amusing day
While driving to Ben Logan to cover softball, I turned on the Indians game, and heard that they held an 8-4 lead going into the ninth inning.
"My," I thought, "Not even the Indians makeshift, pathetic, worthless, sad, overhyped, general-manager sucktitude exposing bullpen can blow this one."
But never doubt the Indians bullpen. I went into my workplace to retrieve a camera, and by the time of my return, a mere four minutes later, the game was 8-6.
"Wow, they will make it close, but they won't be able to blow it," I thought to myself.
Wrong again. As I sat there silently, the White Sox capitalized on a dropped ball by Ben Broussard, and Sandy Alomar, who hasn't hit a ball out of the infield in two years, hit a sacrifice fly to give Chicago the win.
I diplomatically and silently collected my thoughts for a minute. In years past, I may have crashed my car in anger, but now, I threw my head back (while still watching the road) and laughed.
And that is what the Dolan years have done to my once unbreakable bond with my baseball team.

Song quote of the day
And daddy won't you take me back to Mullenberg County
down by the green river where paradise lay
well I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away--John Prine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home