Saturday, March 06, 2004

PHONE BOOTH
After watching the film last night, I want to make it clear that I am never using a phone booth again. I'm not sure that I ever did, but still ...
The movie was pretty good, as it was Keifer Sutherland (a character who is not seen) who steals the show. Ebert wrote that in order for the film to work, the voice had to work, and it did.
Yep, I'd say it did.
As for the rest of the group?
Well, I am a big fan of Forrest Whitaker, and I think he was solid as usual.
I have really liked Collin Ferrell in the things I have seen him in, but for whatever reason, his performance didn't click for me. His American accent was not all that good, in my opinion, as his Irish accent was noticable at times.
Whoever it was that played Collin's wife CAN'T ACT, period.
Katie Holmes really has no part, other than to stand there and look adorable. Mission accomplished there.
I really enjoyed the film. The first part drags a bit, but once we here Keifer's voice, the movie becomes must see, a mix of action and humor.
So see the movie.
*** 1/2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home