Monday, May 14, 2007

Cavs-Nets
Anyone else worried the Cavs will find a way to screw this up? I get this feeling they'll lose tonight, and turn game five into a must-win. Hope I'm wrong.

Indians
Curtis A. tells me he gets a sick joy out of watching the Indians blow games like Sunday's. I know where he's coming from. I get so sick of the Indians never getting called on doing the wrong thing. You have beat writers showing up on team-owned programming, you have announcers saying the Indians should stick with Casey Blake at third because the Indians were 13-3 with him there. As if that's the reason.
Nothing against Casey at this point. He had a great road trip. But I'd like to hear announcers of the Indians say something --anything -- negative about the team without making excuses.
They don't move runners. They are miserable with the bases loaded. Aside from Victor Martinez, they really haven't hit well with runners in scoring position.
Then you have Bruce Drennan having a call-in show afterwards, wearing an Indians shirt. I know he's paid by the team, but still.
We (my brother and I) love the Indians, and always have. But after so much positive programming, you just want to scream, especially when things start going badly.

Mother's Day
I love my mother so much. Curtis A. and I are pretty lucky to have been raised by such a wonderful woman.
My mom has always been my hero. She always puts other people first, and always listens to me. I can't imagine how difficult that is, but she always listens.
She has faith in us, even when we haven't.
If I can be half the person my mother is, I'll be in pretty good shape.
LYM.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Checked into see the status of Blake and ZBaker, and I see it's still a love-hate type thing.

If anything, I was hoping you'd take credit for him surging a little.

I don't think the Cavs will blow it until they meet Detroit, which is a team I think they can beat, interestingly enough.

And I don't see the problem with beat writers appearing on team-owned programming. Can you help me out? They go on before broadcasts and on Monday nights and offer their opinions. I'd say they are the farthest from shills as you can get.

I'm also attempting to recall the last time I read a positive report from Hoynes after the Indians laid an egg. It surely wasn't Monday's paper.

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1179131786228010.xml&coll=2

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home