Wednesday, May 02, 2007

27
When I was younger, my birthday was very exciting.
My mom would send cupcakes to Pine Elementary School, and Mrs. Kidder would tease me (at the ripe age of nine) about having gray hairs.
Birthdays are a gift; a reminder of the passage of time. They remind us how lucky we are. People take time out of their day to call, or send a card.
They also can bring on anxiety. Three years ago I celebrated No. 24. Three years from now I'll be 30.
I'm relatively new at this aging thing, but does time go faster as you get older?
My brother also is celebrating a birthday today. He's two years younger than me. When I was younger, that was great. Now, I'm not so sure. He'll get to be in his 20s longer than I will.
Still, happy birthday to him.
And to The Rock, Kyle Busch, David Beckham, Lou Gramm, Larry Gatlin, Leslie Gore, Bianca Jaggar, Clay Carroll, Engelbert Humperdinck, and the late, great, Bing Crosby.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zachary Litten Baker. Happy Birthday. The aging does go faster. Love from your old cousin Rebecca. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home