Sunday, February 18, 2007

First NASCAR race I have ever watched for more than five minutes
It seems like there have been a lot of crashes in this thing, but then, I have very little to compare it to. I'm switiching between this and the Nissan Open. Phil Mickelson, always a favorite, is struggling, but looks like he'll hold on.
At least I know something about golf.
But as a sports writer, I need to get more into racing. It's popular, and most of my readers love it.
It's my responsibilty not to be clueless.
So I'm watching Daytona.

Update
Boy, I sure called that one. Mickelson's bogey on 17 sent him into a playoff with Charles Howell III, which Howell won.
As for Daytona, I watched most of it, and while Kevin Harvick's last-lap comeback against Mark Martin made for an exciting finish, I had trouble with the crashes.
It was hard for me, as a new follower of the sport, to get excited about the finish while a car was on fire a few feet away from the victors.
But I won't give this up. My quest to understand and follow NASCAR will continue.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home