Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SNL does a brilliant sketch
Does Jim Downey still work at Saturday Night Live? Vivek told me about this sketch, but I didn't see it. I used to be a huge fan of SNL when I was younger; one of my ambitions was to be on the show as a cast member or host. But I took a different path, and besides, I have never been able to write comedy (You should see the movie script I wrote in college).
Anyway, my interest in the show has dropped in recent years, mainly because I never found Will Ferrell all that funny (though I loved Anchorman).
But the show can still be brilliant, and unlike so many in comedy today, can take on both sides. A sketch last year with Bill Frist and Dick Cheney on the run from the law (with Cheney shooting jackrabbits) was hilarious.
But this sketch sounds even better, on multiple levels.
I mention Jim Downey because he's a long time writer, and was labeled by Dana Carvey as a republican.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home