Sunday, January 28, 2007

Royal Rumble
Last year I did a recap of the show, one that caused a good friend of mine to opine that "You need to get laid."
You just can't get enough commentary like that. Still, I passed on the Rumble this year, for obvious reasons. First of all, I don't have $40 to spend on something that will just tick me off. Second, I have totally lost interest in WWE. I usually get the Rumble anyway, because it's pretty hard show to screw up. But this year I held my ground, surprisingly.
So I didn't see the show. But looking at the results, here are some thoughts.
-Vince McMahon is still punishing Jim Ross for some reason, not allowing him to call the Rumble match. Somehow, with all Ross has been through, I doubt he cares. But it does show just how petty McMahon can be sometimes.
- The final two were Shawn Michaels and Undertaker? I have to check a calander to make sure I don't miss my eighth grade history test tomorrow. Way to put over the new stars, WWE.
- Most star-studded Rumble ever? Hah. The 1992 Rumble had Davey Boy Smith, Ric Flair, Ted Dibiase, Michaels, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Undertaker, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Kerry Von Erich, Sgt. Slaughter, Iron Shiek and Sid. I'll take that any day of the week over what WWE has these days.
The funny thing? Flair, Michaels, and Taker were all in this one. Fifteen years later.
- So for Mania, they are going with Taker-Batista. I can only imagine the crowd's favorite in that match. Hint: He has "Sara" written on his neck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home