Monday, January 29, 2007

Contrary to popular belief
Not being a scientist, I generally try to stay out of the global warming discussion.
But last night, as I looked at the "7 degrees" on my weatherbug, I had a thought.
Every time there's a period of mild weather in the winter, every Al Gore-protege is on TV, telling me this proves global warming.
Yet when its 10 degrees and everyone is freezing, we don't hear a word.
Global warming, caused by humans or not, is nothing more than a buzz word used by lobbyists and politicians to make a point.
Again, I don't know enough about science, but I do know this: Al Gore was nominated for an Academy Award for his film An Inconvenient Truth. The result of the nomination? Cold weather.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM , Blogger LargeBill said...

Ba-da-bing.

I'm not a scientist either, but I have a feeling that big flaming ball in the sky (the sun) is involved in any warming going on. We have had ice ages and hot times in the past long before the invention of the internal combustion engine.

 
At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, as it almost always does. A 50-degree day in January is no more proof of global warming than a 15-degree day is proof that global warming is a farce.

The daily weather is only proof that the predominant win pattern is coming from the north or south.

Global warming does exist, I believe, but it's effects are more like beach erosion than an avalanche.

If polar bears are eating each other because the ice caps are shrinking and they can't get to shore to eat seals, that's a sign of global warming.

If you can wear a windbreaker outside on Super Bowl Sunday, that's not a sign of global warming.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home