Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hitchens' latest
He doesn't back down:
So, now I come at last to my ideal war. Let us start with President Bush's speech to the United Nations on Sept. 12, 2002, which I recommend that you read. Contrary to innumerable sneers, he did not speak only about WMD and terrorism, important though those considerations were. He presented an argument for regime change and democracy in Iraq and said, in effect, that the international community had tolerated Saddam's deadly system for far too long. Who could disagree with that?

In my own opinion, everything Bush said before the war has been crunched, skimmed, even ignored. Like Hitchens, I believe time will vindicate the decision he made. But, like the effort itself, it will take time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home