Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bill Maher
After watching last week's show (which, I admit, was much better than usual) I wanted to write about how Gloria Steinem sure loves the sound of her own voice. I am always torn when Larry Miller is on, because I think he is very interesting and (again I'll admit my bias) usually is on my side of things.
But when he's on Maher's show, he's so polite, he often gets shouted down, or in this case, talked over.
Of course, my dilemma is that when I was in college, I loved to talk and give my opinions. My presentations were usually me talking, and talking, and talking.
In one of my final college presentations, I told my partner to nudge me after she thought I had talked enough. Otherwise I'd take all of class.
She never had to. She just would interrupt me with her points. It was one of my best presentations.
Now, I still love to talk. Despite my best intentions, I sometimes don't listen as much as I should. It's probably why I have a blog. I blabber on here, and there is nothing to stop me.
Self-reflection is a good thing sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home