Thursday, March 23, 2006

Three Years Later
Interesting perspectives, and reflections, on the war in Iraq.

My answer:
Did you support the war in Iraq?
Yes. I believed Saddam was a threat and simply, he had to go. He could not be trusted, and his sons could not be trusted. I was actually on the fence for a while, but I read up on Saddam and his human rights violations, and his unstable history, and I became a supporter of the war.

Have you changed your position?
No. I am saddened by the losses and not thrilled with some of the things that have happened there, but I am still optimistic history will judge the invasion and its results as just.

What should the US do now in Iraq?
Do what is nessecary to create a stable government and situation in Iraq. Leaving will make it worse. Still, I confess there are smarter people than me with differing opinions, which is why I posted the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home