Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl Thoughts
Boy, we at the Panel didn't have a banner night. Curtis and Joel were right. The rest of us, perhaps picking without our hearts instead of our heads, failed in our attempts to go out with a win in the 2005 season.
Just a few general thoughts:

* I didn't even recognize Dr. John when they showed him on TV. Without the sunglasses and the thick black beard, he looked totally different than I remembered. Not to take anything away from Aretha and Aaron Neville, but I love Mac's voice, and would have liked to hear the Night Tripper sing.

* I'd go over the game, but every other site on the planet is doing that right now. The Steelers were the better team tonight, and deserve to be champions.

* Mark it down. It's Feb. 6, 2006, and I predict the Bengals will be Super Bowl champions in 2007. In the last eight years, we've seen John Elway win two titles, Bill Belichick win three, and Art Modell win a title. Now the Browns' arch enemies have pulled one in.
Really, who else is there that Browns' fans hate?

* The Seahawks' management of the clock at the end of each half was atrocious. They deserved to lose on that alone.

Song quote of the day
I've heard rumors all over town
they say you're planning to put me down
All I'd like you to do
Is tell me it isn't true --Bob Dylan

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always Marty Schottenheimer. Browns fans generally have respect for the guy, but wouldn't it be another knife-twist if San Diego won the Super Bowl next year after Marty's teams tortured fans in Cleveland and Kansas City for years?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home