Saturday, February 04, 2006

NAACP's Mr. Bond
Nothing Julian Bond says about Republicans and conservatives in general surprises me anymore. I'm not entirely sure what world he's living in, but his comparisons between the White House and the Nazis cross a line of taste.
His characterizations of Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell are out of line at best, racist at worst. In Bond's world, Secretary of State is a "token" position. I wonder what he would call his position as Executive Charman of the NAACP.
But it would seem to me that his rhetoric is making the organization seem more and more like an arm of the radical left-wing of the Democratic party.
I would have no problem with Bond if he merely criticized the President. But a "Nazi" reference is taking things too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home