Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wednesday
My friend Aaron Rund is back from his 8-month break and is blogging again. For those of you who were interested in my Royal Rumble recap, I suggest you check out Aaron's post on Ring of Honor.
Aaron, of course, hasn't been completely silent these past few months. He has commented here and been a member of the Panel. The Panel will return this week for the Super Bowl.
-Interesting thing about my wrestling post. Some friends enjoyed it, while others thought I'd gone off the deep end. It was basically just an attempt at something different to see where it would take me.
I've tried doing recaps before, only to stop because I just can't maintain my interest to blog an event while it's happening. I tried recapping the first week of Dancing with the Stars only to stop and delete the post an hour in because I found it dull. I do plan on blogging the Indians' opening day this year, and may try a few others.
Again, I am not taking the blog in a radical new direction. It's just about trying new things.
- I did watch President Bush's State of the Union address this evening. Well, actually, I worked through most of it and caught some of it.
Generally, I find SOU's to be a tad mundane. Speak ... applause. Speak ... applause. Rinse ... repeat. I've been a Bush supporter since 2000, and I knew the speech wouldn't change my views, or my views on the administration. There are things I agreed with, things I didn't agree with, but overall, nothing happened that made me jump from my chair.
- Watching American Idol tonight, I had to wonder why so many people came back to audition after they'd been turned away. As if they'd magically found the fountain of talent or something. If you were turned down once, what could have possibly happened that would make you a top contender?
I do have to wonder though. If a young Paula Abdul had walked in, would she have made it? I don't remember much of Paula's career, but I don't recall her vocal abilities being an overwhelming part of her act. I'm not saying she wasn't talented, only that I don't recall her being a vocal prodigy.
-Ah yes, posts about TV shows. I have really hit a wonderful moment here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home