Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hitchens
When I read Christopher Hitchens' articles on the war in Iraq, I often find myself asking "why doesn't Bush say that?"
It's pretty obvious that I have supported the President, but at times( such as in the first presidential debate) he seems to stumble and not lay out his best case.
(This would be the part where you can write that Bush is stupid. Believe me, every Bush supporter has heard the claim 1000 times. When looking to refute those claims back in November, I again turned to Hitchens.)
Hitchens lays it out in his latest column. I have admitted that Hitch is my favorite writer. What I envy is his clarity. It might come from his inability to care what others think of him, but I think it also comes from his travels and research.
I'd comment on his latest column, but it's probably better to just read it and draw your own conclusions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home