Thursday, January 13, 2005

Sounding off
Here are a few thoughts after a late night:
-Juan Gonzalez is a no-brainer for the Indians. The man might miss 25 games (as he did in 2001) but who cares if he adds 25 home runs to the lineup? What exactly do the Indians have to lose here? Nothing. In my opinion, this is what the lineup will look like, barring any injuries:
1B Ben Broussard
2B Ronnie Belliard
SS Jhonny Paralta
3B Aaron Boone
LF Casey Blake
CF Coco Crisp
RF Juan Gonzalez
C Victor Martinez
DH Travis Hafner
Call me crazy, but I like this lineup.
- So, I guess I am not the only one to make It's a Wonderful Life references on my blog. Personally (regarding Mike's Jan. 11 observation) I see a stronger resemblence between Michael Chertoff and G.Gordon Liddy, which would also have to be a downside.
-I forgot to do this last week, but I just want to wish my friends Scott and Jessica the very best. Congratulations.
-I would rate Terry Robiskie's chances at retaining the Browns head coaching job at about 10 percent. Don't get me wrong, I am a Terry guy, and I think he deserves the job. But I think the Browns have their hearts set on Romeo Crennel, Ray Childress or Russ Grimm. I hope Terry gets it though, because I think he may be able to make it work.
-Baseball has implemented a new steroid policy. Next year, Barry Bonds will lead the NL in homers--with 13.
-I would just like to say that the Denny Crane character on Boston Legal may be the best one on television right now, except for Jack Bauer. Is anyone else getting a Republican vibe from the show this year?
Regarding Monday's episode, when Jack robs a mini-mart to hold a terrorist in place, Nihar Vasavada and myself had the same thought:
Why not just flatten his tire?
Actually, there is a strong resemblence between Denny Crane and Nihar Vasavada, come to think of it.
There Nihar, I mentioned your name twice, are you pleased? :)

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach, of course Terry is the choice when it comes to sentimentality, but lets get real. Where was the offense this year. Can't Terry be held somewhat responsible for the acquisition of Jeff Garcia? He was one of Butch's guys, let's not forget that. I am a fan of Russ Grimm and the Dolphins interim coach. Just because Terry motivates penny to get on his horse every couple of plays doesn't make him the right fit.

your brother

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home