Wednesday, December 22, 2004

GMAC
Bowling Green wins big and Omar Jacobs once again shows he is a star. It pains me in ways to write this, but I think Jacobs is in many ways better than Josh Harris. He doesn't throw picks and makes everyone around him better. Gregg Brandon will soon get another job. If not this year, than certainly next.
- Mark Shapiro got a well-deserved extension from the Indians. I have in the past written some mean things about the GM, and I imagine I will write some more. But I think he has done the best with what he has, which isn't much. In some ways, I am surprised he signed an extension with a team that will never spend any money.
- It's a Wonderful Life is the only movie that can consistently send me to tears. I finally picked up the DVD today, and Curtis A. and myself watched it until very late. It's not really a Christmas movie in the normal sense, but it is associated with it because of the moving final scene.
Curtis A. commented that they don't make great Christmas movies anymore. He's right. But then, they don't make actors like Jimmy Stewart anymore either.
And Donna Reed is just wonderful. I had to throw that in.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM , Blogger Zach said...

Yes, I remember that. I think Gregg will be back next season, but probably not after that. He has proven able to win bowl games, and that makes an impact on ADs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home