Friday, December 17, 2004

Last Day
It seems to me that a last day at the job can often leave someone with a warm feeling inside. When I have left previous jobs, I have discovered this. Today was no different, as the people at the establishment where I work surrounded me and gave me a card thanking me for my service. They then asked for a speech.
I don't remember what I said, but my thoughts can be pretty well articulated in this space:
I will always be grateful to the newspaper that gave me my start, and to the people that believed in me and helped me in my year here. Thank you for your faith, your patience and your friendship. Wherever I go from here, I will always remember where I started and never forget your kindness.
A special thanks goes out to Dan (and Pam) Robinson and Shelly Dunson. Without their friendship and confidence, I don't know where I would be.
Thank you so much. Hopefully we will meet up again somewhere down the road.
Now it's 48 miles up that road to the next stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home