Sunday, June 06, 2004

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004
On a drive back from Columbus today, my mind centered upon two things.
One was work related--a mistake I made that I have been trying to rectify.
The other was how to properly write about the death of Ronald Reagan.
I have pretty much been a life-long Republican, born six months before Reagan was elected and was only eight years old when he left office.
Those who grew up in this world, where communism only exists in two places--well, we might assume that it has always been this way.
But the fall of communism, in my opinion, was something no one could have predicted when Reagan took office, and I think he deserves the most credit for that.
I always admired the man, but the Cold War class I took in college propelled him to being a favorite of mine.
But I'm not a historian, or a politician.
I also know that as much as I admire Reagan, there are many who detest him. Danny Glover (the actor) is the first to have written something negative about the President in the hours after his death.
I was hoping to find a quote by Arthur Schlesinger Jr., a liberal historian. I had no luck. But I did find Fox News, with quotes from historians, politicians and the like.
Here's the article.
May you rest in peace Mr. President. And thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home