Wednesday, May 05, 2004

In Memory
-Today I attended the funeral of former Kenton Times sports editor Thad Gardner. He visited a few times while I was working at the paper, and I saw him a few times at games, but unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to really get to know him the way others at the paper did.
It seems like I really missed out on something.
Gardner has been synonymous with Kenton Times sports coverage for decades, and the four speakers at his funeral, as well as the stories that were told afterwards, perfectly illustrated why.
As my friend Dan Robinson said, "He was one in a million."
It was nice to see so many former workers at the Times re-unite, as there were many smiles and hugs to go around.
It's almost too bad it takes something like a funeral to make that happen, but it was still wonderful to see.
Thad touched a lot of people. While I didn't get the chance to really know him, after today I feel like I did.
Rest in Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home