Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Something's happening here

So Air America is looking like a flop. I just would like to add my voice to countless others who have said that liberal talk may not translate well into the medium of radio.
Personally, I don't really care for talk radio--liberal or conservative--I just like to listen to Jim Rome occasionally and a sporting event. Other than that it's classic rock or a CD.
But conservative radio DOES have a mass appeal, mainly because it's a common perspective (one that I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with) that much of the media is liberal.
Fox News has changed things quite a bit, but the general perspective from conservatives may not have.
Conservatives found a refuge in talk radio, and I doubt that the liberals can corner the market.
Liberal ideals are already seen all over mass culture, but talk radio may be a tough place to take them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home