Thursday, April 22, 2004

Andy Barch Draft Interview, part Two

NFL Expert Andy Barch, from a March interview here at Vitamin Z:
VZ: Let's talk about the favorite team of just about everybody who reads this website, the Cleveland Browns. There's a couple of players who could help the Browns and they are both from Miami, Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow. Do you think Butch Davis would go with Winslow because he's from Miami?

AB:I think that could certainly be part of it. If he's there I would be personally shocked if they did not take Winslow ... I don't think Taylor will be there. I think Winslow, above and beyond the fact that he went to Miami and Butch did help to recruit him, I think he could be a very good fit in that offense Winslow is a very good blocker, probably a lot better than what people give him credit for. He's a guy that can execute a reach block, and give you a lot more versatility ... Not to mention that this kid is just an outstanding pass catching tight end. He makes tremendous catches over the middle, this guy is fearless, and a lot of tight ends have that attribute. I think Jeff Garcia will be looking at this guy quite a lot, especially if the Browns continue to ignore their offensive line problem. If they continue to ignore it, Jeff Garcia is going to be on the run a ton, and when he's on the run, he's going to need an option like that over the middle, or a second option to check off to. I think Kellen Winslow would be a fabulous pick.

VZ: His attitude is pretty well known ... Do you think teams might avoid him because of his attitude?

AB: I know that's been thrown out there a ton the last few weeks ...I think one of the things that will help him is his bloodline. In a sense he's a time bomb ready to go off ... But I think a lot of scouts and a lot of players respect for a guy like that only because, it doesn't seem to me that he comes off as a me-first type of guy. I think (with the soldier thing) it wasn't necessarily taken out of context, but they asked a question after a loss, he was very very angry, and he was taking exception to someone asking him a question about a corner back going for his legs. I think there's a great deal of respect for him around the league. The players certainly have respect for what his father did, and they know that he is cut from the same cloth, he's going to possess the same kind of intensity, the same kind of knowledge, the same kind of respect, and for that reason I don't think anyone will have the wrong perception of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home