Thursday, April 22, 2004

Reminding myself to be thankful

I am reading two books on the post revolutionary war-period, all thanks to my oft-mentioned co-worker. History is a well known vice of mine, and now I want to expand it so I can learn with a passion.
I remember something I liked about history was the fact that there will always be an endless supply of it. I could study the topic every minute for the rest of my life and still not even scratch the surface.

I am so thankful to be living in this country, and reading about the brilliance of those that made this wild experiment possible only re-energizes that appreciation.
But I also want to know the dirt too. That stuff cracks me up. These men weren't perfect, and their imperfections are sometimes just as interesting.

God bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home