Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Broncos 27, Browns 6
It's probably going to get worse.

I'm not sure what Browns dictator Eric Mangini was up to from when he got the job in January until now. I was under the impression he was improving the Browns, not using the organization as his personal RISK board.

It's probably not fair to judge the coach just yet, but as I said last week, I'm out of patience. I don't have the stomach for another restart and rebuild. What does it mean? Well, I can't stop watching the team I love, but I won't make excuses for them either.

I guess that means I'll use this space for a lot of venting this season.

Seriously, what the hell was that Sunday? Brady Quinn looked like a young Tim Couch. Braylon Edwards being used as a possession receiver. Practically no pressure on Broncos QB Kyle Orton.

The offense is as bad as it was at the end of last season. It got so bad that my brother was actually talking about Derek Anderson quarterbacking the team again.

My brother loved Brady, and hated Derek. Two weeks of this and he's on the fence.

Defense couldn't get off the field. Offensive line couldn't block. Penalties.

It was just all kinds of bad.

Forget how many games the Browns will win this year. Look at the schedule. I assume at least three wins will come from somewhere. Maybe that's a No. 1 pick. Knowing Mangini, he'd keep trading it until he had received seven fourth round picks.

Baltimore is next. Imagine it. For the Browns not to score any touchdowns -- for the Ravens -- would be an accomplishment.

As for the game, no long threat, no danger. The opponent sells out for the run because they don't fear the pass. Mangini is so stubborn he runs anyway.

What a mess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home