Sunday, March 02, 2008

Two-Timing
I was going to write a one-act play in which I return to my apartment at 3 a.m. on a Saturday night, only to be confronted by this blog.

Vitamin Z would be wondering why I have been spending so much time at work, and fearing that I am cheating on it with my work blog.

But if I went any further, it'd just get creepy.

This week's work blogs have primarily been about the team I have covered for three years, and the frustration of not getting to cover it when it really does something special. I'm sure every journalist can relate to this emotion.

---
There's no tying in baseball.

Mike Hargrove: We played for 19 innings on our home opener in Cleveland Stadium in 1992. And that was when I knew we were gonna be horrible, and the stadium was falling apart and it was cold outside. But did we tie?

Eric Wedge: (Crying) No ... no.

Mike Hargrove: And you know why?

Wedge: No ... no.

Hargrove: Because there is no tying in baseball. There is no tying in baseball!

---

I will be presenting an award at The Piggies next week. Seriously, where is Pigskin Podcast getting those guests from?

They've been at it a few weeks and they get Paul Keels? I've been doing this four years and the best I can do is get my brother to cover for me when I go to Los Angeles.
---

The Browns brought back Derek Anderson. You just can't get rid of a 24-year old who threw 29 touchdowns. As for the other moves:

Love it.

Love it.

Will wait and see.
---

Now let's check out what my friends are saying:

Hammond is going back and forth about the genius of Phil Savage.

Erik is digesting the Quinn-Anderson situation.

Suss wrote about the chance of a BG upset of the nationally-ranked Kent State men, which as it turned out happened.
---

Beh. I can't keep up this pace. Good night.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home