Sunday, December 09, 2007

Hugs
I was always under the impression that hugs meant nothing in politics. If they did, John Kerry would be president (remember how many times he hugged John Edwards in front of the camera?).

But Candy Crowley writes that Oprah Winfrey's hug of Barack Obama could bring him votes, and lots of them.

Once again, we are selling photos instead of policy, celebrity instead of competence and we are merging entertainment with real life.

I find Obama to be farther away from me politically than Hillary Clinton, but as I have written here many times, I don't dislike him.

But we are 11 months from the election, and Obama's still giving us sizzle and no steak.

Well, we'll see where this goes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home