Wednesday, November 21, 2007

10 things I'm Thankful for
1. The serious stuff: Family, friends, health.

2. Country: America has a lot of brave men and women risking their lives so that we can celebrate days like today. I'm thankful for that.

3. I'm thankful people read this blog. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this. I'm sure many of you disagree with me on politics, sports, music and everything else. But I appreciate everyone who reads. It gives me more reason to write.

4. I'm thankful for writers like Christopher Hitchens, musicians like Bob Dylan and Van Morrison and for artists of all kinds, who make life interesting. They also inspire me to keep creating, in the hopes I can one day be a tenth of what they are.

5. It's trivial in the grand scheme, but I'm thankful for three winning Cleveland sports teams. I don't think there has been a year in my lifetime with this much success and promise.

6. I'm thankful for my job. It allows me to do what I love, and get paid for it.

7. I'm thankful for turkey, pumpkin pie, stuffing and more pumpkin pie.

8. I'm thankful that the next day, I have a gym membership.

9. I'm thankful for Mystery Science Theater, Christopher Guest movies, The Naked Gun Trilogy, Simpsons DVDs and other things that make me laugh out loud no matter how many times I see them. Oh, and The Office. Can't forget that.

10. And I'm thankful to God. I don't write about him too much. All my favorite writers are athiests and religion has yet to really find me. But I know God is up there, and it's a good day to say thanks for the blessings he has brought to my life.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home