Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday's gone
Finally, I'm in front of a keyboard and want to write.
Here we go:
Politics
This will shock no one, but I'm supporting Mike DeWine for senate. The commercials by Sherrod Brown are vague, simplistic and besides ... I wouldn't vote for him anyway, even if his commercials were produced by David Zucker.

-I cannot support Ken Blackwell because of some comments he has made. I cannot support Ted Strickland because he and I pretty much agree on nothing. So I may vote libertarian, or skip this one.

Browns
The Browns have played one team with a losing record, and they beat them. They have also played one team with five wins, two teams with four wins, and a team with three. And who'd have guessed the Saints would be the best team, record-wise, on the schedule so far?
My point is the Browns are not that bad. I think, in fact they are better than last year. But last year the schedule was easier, and that's while things were just a bit more rosy this time last season.
I don't like Maurice Carthon's playcalling much, but he's not the biggest problem the Browns have. If the offensive line was even barely competent, Cleveland would have at least one more win. That's not an offensive coordinator's fault.
So next week, the Broncos. The Broncos defense is strong, but the offense is not. Could Denver have three-consecutive 13-3 wins?

Tigers
Congratulations to Detroit on it's first American League title since Ronald Reagan was about to trounce Walter Mondale.
I want to point out that thr Tigers payroll is $82 million this season, so I'm not sure the underdog label fits as well as some would like.
Still, it's peanuts compared to what the Yankees ($194 million),Red Sox ($120 million), Angels ($103 million White Sox ($102 million) and Mets ($101 million) are spending.
Actually, the Tigers are an underdog with that payroll. Sorry, it's just following a team with a $55 million list has jaded me.

Indians
Market.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I see it:

Indians:
Market, market, market

Tigers:
Win, win, win

Browns:
Fullback is the greatest position in football

Sherrod Brown:
Married to Connie Schultz

Ohio gubernatorial race:
No vote is a good vote

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home