Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday Night Politics
Things are not looking good for Joe Lieberman, on this night anyway. It's no secret Lieberman is one of my favorite Democrats, a man I admire and have faith in.
I once confided to a professor in college there was a time when I wished Al Gore would win the election because I had so much faith in Joe.
Of course, I had no faith in Gore, which is why I voted for Bush in 2000.
Lieberman's recent battle has made me wonder about what some "liberals" stand for. The campaign against Lieberman has seemed, from an outsider's perspective, to be quite nasty. Lieberman may still run to retain his seat (as an Independent), but what happens from there is anybody's guess.
I have wanted to write about some of the things that have been directed Lieberman's way recently. I wanted to write the Moveon.org crowd has hijacked liberalism, and turned it into something dark and anger-filled. I used to say liberals I knew were always open to arguments and discussion. Until you disagreed with them.
This is not the case of all liberals. And I think most liberals are not represented by the Michael Moore, Moveon.org crowd.
But the situation has been troubling to more than a few liberals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home