Friday, April 14, 2006

Names returning to Dodger uniforms in 2007
I am pretty sure I'm the only one who likes teams that don't have names on the uniforms. The Dodgers became one of my favorite teams because they took the names off. I ask you: Did Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth or Mickie Mantle need numbers?
I always thought that true baseball fans should know the numbers of their players. But when in LA last year, I found Dodger fans hated the nameless uniforms, because they had no idea who the players were. The Indians and Reds have had names on the back as long as I've been alive, but I prefer the old-school look. Besides, the whole idea of names defeats the whole reason for numbers on uniforms.
Still, Vin Scully wants the names back, so I bow to him. But I still like the Dodger uniforms now. Maybe the Indians will drop the names from their uniforms. Ha. Yeah right.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM , Blogger Suss said...

I too was lost in a "get off my lawn" moment when I started thinking about how much I love the knuckleball.

 
At 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indians take the names off their uniforms? Not a chance. Todd Hollandsworth is singlehandedly putting the Indians name-stitcher through college.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home