Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Tribe
When the game was over today, I got in my car and drove to the gym. Then I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes.
Had to work off that Wickman stress.
Only Bob Wickman can do it. Walk Tahadito Iguchi to start the 11th, to get to Jim Thome. Then, without so much as breaking a sweat, he retires Thome, Paul Konerko and Rob Mackowiak. He struck out the last two batters with Iguchi, the tying run, on second.
Actually, given some of the messes Bob worked himself into and then out of last season, this was routine.
But if Wickman will get no complaints from me because he gets the job done. His mastery of escapism is not luck, but skill. It's not always fun to watch, but if the result is a win, who are we to question the Master?
(He is with us, always)
Jason Michaels is hitting, Casey Blake is playing OK, and Aaron Boone looks revitalized. I think the Indians need another lefty in the pen, but that will likely come at some point. Maybe they can lure Dennis Cook or Paul Assenmacher out of retirement.
Two out of three from the World Champions, on the road, is a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home