Friday, April 21, 2006

Brandon Phillips
The Indians trade him to the Reds, and Brandon turns into Joe Morgan. In last night's win over the Brewers, Phillips drove in six runs. I don't think he drove in six runs in the three years he was in Cleveland.
Finally, Brandon is looking like the player everyone thought he would be when the Indians got him from Montreal. The Indians are not even sure what they have gotten back for dealing him.
Maybe this is just a week in the zone for Phillips. Then again ...

The Blake Factor
It's true. I was brutal on Casey Blake last season. For me to jump on the bandwagon now would be somewhat hypocritical. So before I write an apology, as some have suggested, I will instead make a promise.
If Casey Blake is still a solid contributor to the Indians come August, I will write an apology. Basically, if he's hitting in the .270s and his run production is solid, I will follow through.
So, talk to you in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home