Friday, July 22, 2005

PNC
Last evening, my friend Vivek and I made the two and a half hour trip to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates play the Rockies.
The trip had little to do with the teams involved. The Rockies haven't contended since 1995 and the Pirates since three years before that.
No, the trip had more to do with PNC park, which had been called the best of the new ballparks by many.
I have been to Jacobs Field (obviously), The Great American Ballpark, and Comerica, but I have to say this Stadium is the nicest. It's location is near perfect, the park itself is charming, and the food is ridiculously overpriced.
Wait, that's not a good thing.
The Pirates won 8-3, thanks to a strong pitching effort by Zach Duke. The group of fans behind us (we were seated in the left field bleachers) said they didn't want him to get too good. Then, they feared, the Pirates would deal him.
Ah, reality.
---
Casey Blake stat of the day
The Indians outfielder is 2 for 30 with runners in scoring position and two outs. Bill Livingston of the Plain Dealer pointed that out in an article this morning, saving me from near insanity.
Blake has been awful all season, but no one seemed to be talking about it, focusing instead on Aaron Boone.
I felt like Will Ferrell in Zoolander, who said, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home