Monday, June 20, 2005

U.S Open
You know, I never thought I would pull for someone named "Gore," but Jason Gore ended up being a favorite in the U.S. Open this past weekend. Of course, the man that came into the tournament ranked 818th in the world lost the magic on Sunday, but I hope we see more of him. He comes accross as an average guy who doesn't take himself too seriously, and it's always nice to see more of that.
It's sad to admit this, but I am almost becoming an anti-Tiger Woods fan. I don't care who wins, but I want Tiger to lose. What's sad is that Tiger has little to do with why I go against him.
It's the hype.
If Woods had won, we would have heard nothing but "Grand Slam" talk for the next month. The next majors would have been nothing but shows about Tiger and his ability to win again and dominate like he did at the turn of the century.
Personally, I knew little about Michael Campbell. The only Mike Campbell I knew was the lead guitarist for Tom Petty's band. But I was glad to see him win. It was great for him, and also to see a slow in the Tiger-Hype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home